Last Updated on 08/01/2022 by C-Jay
Read on for a full, in-depth guide to the best caffeine free and low caffeine pre workouts you can get your hands on today!
When it comes to improving your performance in the gym, it’s safe to say that a reliable pre-workout supplement can make all the difference.
After all, they contain ingredients designed to improve your mental focus, increase pumps, enhance your endurance, and much more.
What’s not to love about that?!
Well, here’s the thing. Pre-workout supplements aren’t created equal, and many of them contain a megadose of caffeine which can cause energy crashes, jitters, and other unpleasant side effects.
The solution comes in the form of low-caffeine and stimulant-free pre-workout supplements, which are just as effective at boosting your performance as their caffeine-loaded counterparts, but without the inevitable crash afterward.
Sounds good, right?
But that’s only half the battle, as you’ll also need to choose a pre-workout that includes a high-quality formula comprising natural, science-backed ingredients.
Lucky for you, I’m here to help make things easier by covering everything you need to know in my guide to the best caffeine-free and low caffeine pre-workout supplements on the market.
So, with no further delay, it’s time to dive in!
Best Caffeine-Free and Low Caffeine Pre Workout Supplements – Our Top 2 for 2022
Searching for the best pre-workout without caffeine or one containing a sensible, effective dose of the world’s most widely used stimulant is no easy feat in the current day and age.
So, let’s narrow down your choices; here are my recommendations for the best pre-workout supplements that money can buy.
Best Low Caffeine Pre Workout for 2022: Pre Lab Pro
- Helps you to perform at your peak by topping you up with critical nutrients before your training sessions.
- Boosts and sustains blood flow to muscles with a 2X NOx stack so you can enjoy enhanced strength, focus, stamina, and endurance across multiple body systems.
- Increases your training intensity with smarter stimulation ensuring you remain focused and energized from start to finish.
- Gives you a head-start on recovery so you can bounce back quicker and feel ready to go for your next workout.
- Rednite® Red Beetroot Powder – turbocharges your performance with a nitric oxide rush that reduces fatigue while providing enhanced muscle energy.
- Setria® Performance Blend (Glutathione + L-Citrulline) – 2-in-1 ergogenic stack for a stronger, longer-lasting nitric oxide boost along with enhanced speed, power, and performance.
- Natural Caffeine – moderate caffeine dose (80mg) for an energy boost without the dreaded crash.
- Suntheanine® L-Theanine – reduces jitters and crashes associated with caffeine intake, keeps you calm and clear-headed.
- Ajipure® L-Tyrosine – sharpens your focus under stress and maintains neurotransmitters depleted by caffeine.
- NutriGenesis® Vitamins & Minerals – helps you train harder with essentials for strength, endurance, recovery, and hydration.
- Himalayan Pink Salt – maintains hydration so you can power through your workouts.
Are you looking to take your workout performance to a whole new level? Then you needn’t look any further than Pre Lab Pro® – an advanced pre-workout formula comprising the most advanced and powerful pre-workout ingredients available in a delicious mixed-berry sports drink.
Targeting three key pathways, Pre Lab Pro® promotes a healthy balance to accelerate your progress across fitness programs, all while boosting your energy, reducing fatigue, and keeping you focused and energized even throughout the toughest of workouts.
Featuring a moderate caffeine dose of just 80mg, you can count on Pre Lab Pro® to deliver next-level results by providing you with an optimal boost when you need it the most. And best of all, you needn’t worry about the dreaded crash afterward!
Get the best deal,
Best Caffeine Free Pre Workout for 2021: Performance Lab Pre
- Boosts nitric oxide (NO) levels to improve blood flow in the muscles along with oxygenation.
- Elevates your workout performance without stimulants, ensuring you can enjoy a more productive workout without jitters or energy crashes.
- Hydrates hard-working muscles, allowing you to enjoy better endurance.
- Sparks muscle-charging ATP energy to extend both your aerobic and anaerobic endurance.
- Setria® Performance Blend (Setria® Glutathione + L-Citrulline) – promotes muscle strength and power while enhancing mental intensity, focus, and inner drive.
- Creapure® pH10 – powers muscle contractions with 99.5% pure creatine monohydrate while supporting training intensity and recovery.
- CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine – increases the working capacity of muscle, boosts muscle strength and endurance, and delays fatigue.
- NutriGenesis® Iron – Oxygenates blood and muscle tissues for enhanced strength, endurance, and maximum muscle power output.
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract – supplies the body with potent antioxidants to soothe and protect muscles during intense training.
- Himalayan Pink Salt – helps maintain hydration by restoring electrolytes lost through sweating.
Designed to elevate your workout game with a blend of powerful, science-backed ingredients, Performance Lab Pre is an innovative and powerful stim-free pre-workout supplement that can help you power through even the most challenging workouts.
Ideal for any type of training program from HIIT to strength training, Pre effectively enhances your performance so you can achieve the best possible results from your training.
And since it’s proven safe for consistent, long-term use, there’s no need to cycle with Performance Lab Pre. Simply take it on training days, and you can enjoy enhanced muscle power and strength, sustained blood flow to the muscles, and so much more.
Get the best deal,
What Effects do Non-Stim and Low Caffeine Pre-Workouts Have?
Whether you’re looking to build muscle, lose weight, or otherwise, a solid non-stim or low caffeine pre-workout can help you reach your fitness goals far more efficiently and effectively than ever before.
Unlike pre-workouts containing an unnecessarily large dose of caffeine, stim-free or low caffeine supplements boost your energy and workout performance without you having to worry about jitters or energy crashes.
So long as the pre-workout you choose contains a blend of effective ingredients like the supplements I’ve recommended above, you can undoubtedly benefit from enhanced energy, focus, and endurance minus any unwanted side effects.
We’ll get into the best non-stim pre-workout ingredients later in this guide, so if that’s something you’re looking to find out – simply continue reading!
How Do I Take A Pre-Workout Supplement?
As with any other supplement, it’s always best to stick to the manufacturer’s instructions listed on the label when it comes to taking your chosen pre-workout. That way, you’ll know you can enjoy the maximum benefit without having to worry about any potential side effects.
The general idea is to take your pre-workout between 30 and 60 minutes before your session, which should be about right for most pre-workout supplements on the market as this gives it ample time for you to feel the effects.
Some pre-workout brands may work better when taken on an empty stomach, but as I alluded to earlier, you should always stick to what it says on the label to stay on the safe side.
And if your pre-workout includes creatine, you should always consume plenty of water as this ingredient essentially pulls water into your muscles, which could leave you dehydrated if you aren’t careful.
So, be sure to keep that water bottle by your side and take a sip of water to keep yourself adequately hydrated during and after your workout (which is something you should be doing anyway, if we’re honest!).
Best Non-Stim and Low Caffeine Pre-Workout Ingredients
It’s all well and good opting for a pre-workout supplement that promises to take your workouts to a whole new level.
But if it doesn’t contain an effective blend of science-backed ingredients, claims such as the above will have no substance whatsoever.
Thankfully, there are many ingredients proven to elevate your workout performance one way or another, and deserve a spot on the ingredients list of your chosen supplement:
- Moderately Dosed Natural Caffeine – enhances your athletic performance, improves attention and focus, and boosts your energy and intensity so you can enjoy a more productive workout from beginning to end.
- Rednite® Red Beetroot Powder – reduces fatigue, enhances muscle energy, and improves neuromuscular performance by unleashing a 25x nitric oxide rush vs. plain beetroot.
- Suntheanine® L-Theanine – An amino acid found in green tea which reduces the jitters and crashes often caused by pre-workouts containing excessive amounts of caffeine. Promotes a calmer, cleaner stimulation so you can enjoy enhanced performance without the unwanted post-workout comedown.
- Ajipure® L-Tyrosine – maintains neurotransmitters depleted by caffeine while sharpening your focus under stress. Helps to avoid low catecholamine levels, which can cause poor focus, mood issues, fatigue, and poor athletic performance.
- CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine – provides muscle support by increasing its working capacity, delaying the onset of muscle fatigue and failure, and boosting overall muscle endurance & strength.
- Creatine Monohydrate – Increases aerobic activity, boosts muscle strength, and enhances recovery, so you’ll be ready and raring to go for your next session.
- L-Citrulline + L-Glutathione (Setria® Performance Blend) – a potent amino acid-antioxidant duo that enhances muscle performance and growth while protecting against cell-damaging oxidative stress.
- Maritime Pine Bark Extract – relaxes blood vessels while increasing the delivery of restorative nutrients and oxygen, which can be hugely beneficial in improving your performance during intense training.
- Himalayan Pink Salt – optimizes the absorption of sports nutrition amino acids with natural trace minerals and electrolytes that help to maintain hydration during intense workouts.
Things To Avoid in a Pre-Workout Supplement
We’ve looked at the best ingredients you can find in pre-workout supplements in the previous section, but there are certain things you should avoid when it comes to choosing a good pre-workout supplement:
- High caffeine dosages
- Proprietary blends
- Artificial sweeteners, colors, and synthetics
- Lack of scientific backing
What Goes Well With A Pre-Workout?
When it comes to improving your exercise performance, feeling more energized, and getting the ’best bang for your buck’ with your workouts, pre-workout supplements most definitely aren’t your only option.
In fact, what I’ll cover below can be used instead of, or even alongside a solid pre-workout supplement, so you can perform better, recover more efficiently, and reach your fitness goals more easily.
Otherwise known as branched-chain amino acids, BCAAs are hugely beneficial when it comes to enhancing muscle growth, reducing muscle protein breakdown, and decreasing the extent of muscle soreness after training.
BCAAs consist of three essential amino acids that the body cannot produce endogenously but are required for muscle protein synthesis to occur. These amino acids are known as leucine, isoleucine, and valine.
And while some pre-workouts include them on its ingredients list, you’ll find that many supplements on the market contain things like synthetic colors and additives that are far from beneficial to your health, not to mention they don’t taste great.
Luckily, there are supplements on the market which are 100% pure, convenient, and contain no unwanted additives.
So, that concludes my complete guide to the best caffeine-free and low caffeine pre-workout supplements on the market!
By this point, you’ll now know exactly what to look for and what you should avoid when it comes to choosing a pre-workout that’s right for your needs.
And as you’ll now be aware, supplement manufacturers throw out every claim in the sun to entice you to part with your cash. But if the science doesn’t back these claims, you could end up out of pocket or potentially put your health at risk.
That’s what makes the pre-workouts I’ve recommended in this guide different – as each of them uses only safe, clean, and natural ingredients, each backed by countless scientific studies.
By choosing one of either Pre Lab Pro® or Performance Lab® Pre, you can rest safe in the knowledge that you’ll be getting an advanced, high-quality product for the price that you pay.
And having tried and tested each of them myself, I can assure you that each delivers on its promises of supercharging your workouts, enhancing your muscle power & strength, and so much more.